One of the first things we reach for as we head out the door in the morning is our car keys. Compared to the simple metal keys of decades past, today’s modern car key fobs are more advanced and sophisticated than ever before. INFINITI keys offer cutting-edge convenience features like remote start functionality and long-range access, requiring specialized batteries in order to function properly. Whether you need a key fob battery, key fob replacement, or car key reprogramming – INFINITI of Easton is here to help! Our service center is equipped to handle all of your key-related needs.
Who Makes INFINITI Vehicles?
INFINITI is the luxury automobile division of the Japanese manufacturer Nissan. Founded in 1989, the INFINITI headquarters is located in Yokohama, Japan and remains one of the most prestigious luxury automakers in the world. The brand has offers across the globe with regional locations in the Americas, China, and INFINITI International Markets located in Dubai. INFINITI design studios are located in Atsugi-Shi near Yokohama, London, San Diego, and Beijing.
About INFINITI Smart Keys
Today’s car keys have evolved from simple hunks of metal into sophisticated fobs packed with technology. Inside, you’ll find specialized sensors that detect the proximity of your vehicle. This allows you to start your car and lock/unlock your doors without the need to take your keys out of your pocket or purse. Through exposure to -weather elements, light damage, and daily use – your INFINITI key battery can begin to experience issues like weak reception and inconsistent performance. If you begin to have problems with your car key, let our team of INFINITI parts experts determine if your key requires a new battery or a replacement.
What Should I Bring to the Dealership?
Since car keys are a security-related component of your vehicle, it’s a good idea to bring a form of identification, proof of vehicle ownership, and other vehicle information with you when you come in for service. In most cases, only you or someone authorized by you will be able to order a replacement key for your vehicle. Due to the sensitive nature of ordering or reprogramming keys, it’s recommended that you bring the following items with you:
- The key fob that needs a battery
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Your current vehicle registration
- A valid driver's license
INFINITI Keys - Frequently Asked Questions
What type of battery does my INFINITI key need?
- The majority of basic INFINITI key fobs use a CR2025 cell battery. If your vehicle is equipped with an INFINITI Intelligent Key, you will need a CR2032 cell battery. Our team will be happy to help you determine which type of battery your key needs and help you install it.
My key fob is completely dead and I need to get inside of my vehicle. How can I get in?
- Contained inside your key fob is a metal backup key that can be used to gain access to your vehicle. Look for a small tab that you can press to separate the backup key from the key fob housing. There’s often a small keyhole hidden on the driver’s side door handle or on the trunk lid where this metal key can be inserted.
What are some common warning signs that my key battery is dying?
- If you’re pressing buttons on the key fob to lock or unlock your door and it’s taking multiple presses or you’re not getting any response at all, it might be time for a battery replacement. Similarly, if you notice that your push-button start doesn’t work until you hold the fob up close to the button – you might need a new battery.
How long does key battery replacement or entire key replacement take?
- Key batteries can be replaced in as little as 15 minutes, depending on availability. For key replacements, the process can require a wait time of 2-3 days while our parts department orders the specific key. Costs can also vary based on key type and model type. Our team will require access to your vehicle in order to verify the functionality of both the remote and mechanical functions of the key. You’ll find the entire repair process documented on your Repair Order.